Western Avenue (Los Angeles) facts for kids
A transit-oriented development of condominiums, a parking garage, above the D line subway station at Wilshire Boulevard and Western Avenues.
|Maintained by||Bureau of Street Services, City of L.A. DPW|
|Length||29 miles (47 km)|
|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|South end||25th Street in San Pedro|
| SR 1 in Harbor City, California
I-405 in Torrance
SR 91 in Gardena
I-10 in Jefferson Park
US 101 / SR 2 in Hollywood
|North end||Los Feliz Boulevard in Los Feliz|
Western Avenue is a major four-lane street in the city of Los Angeles (west of Downtown) and through the center portion of Los Angeles County, California. It is one of the longest north–south streets in Los Angeles city and county, apart from Sepulveda Boulevard. It is about 29 miles (47 km) long.
Metro subway and at-grade stations
Western Avenue is served by three metro Los Angeles Metro Rail stations:
- Hollywood Boulevard on the Red Line
- Wilshire Boulevard on the Purple Line
- Exposition Boulevard on the Expo Line
- Metro Local lines 205 and 207, in addition to Metro Rapid line 757 and Gardena Transit line 2 operate on Western Avenue.
- Metro local lines 207 and 757 run between Hollywood Boulevard and Imperial Highway.
- Gardena line 2 between Imperial Highway and Pacific Coast Highway
- Metro line 205 south of Pacific Coast Highway
Western Avenue (Los Angeles) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.