Whippany, New Jersey facts for kids
|Whippany, New Jersey|
|Elevation||233 ft (71 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0881770|
Whippany is an unincorporated community located within Hanover Township in Morris County, New Jersey, United States. Whippany's name is derived from the Whippanong Native Americans, a tribe that once inhabited the area. Whippanong meant "place of the willows", named for the trees growing along the banks of the Whippany River.
- J. E. Ashworth & Sons operated a woolen blanket mill
- The Whippany Railway Museum, located in the central area
- Bayer HealthCare
- Communication Techniques, Inc. (CTI), a wholly own subsidiarity of Herley Industries
- The New Jersey Jewish News, a weekly newspaper published by United Jewish Communities of MetroWest New Jersey
- CAE Inc. provides flight simulation and crew training services to the Business Aviation community
- Ukrainian American Cultural Center of New Jersey
Whippany, New Jersey Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.