1023 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||990s 1000s 1010s – 1020s – 1030s 1040s 1050s|
|Years:||1020 1021 1022 – 1023 – 1024 1025 1026|
- The Judge-Governor of Seville takes advantage of the break up of the Caliphate of Córdoba, and takes power as Abbad I, founding the Abbadid dynasty.
- Abd ar-Rahman V becomes Caliph at Córdoba.
- The Ghaznavid Empire occupies Transoxiana.
- Soon after returning from Mecca, the Tarsina king of Zanata, a mountain kingdom between Algeria and Morocco, is killed in battle.
- William VII, Duke of Aquitaine (d. 1058)
1023 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.