1055 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1020s 1030s 1040s – 1050s – 1060s 1070s 1080s|
|Years:||1052 1053 1054 – 1055 – 1056 1057 1058|
- January 11 – Theodora becomes reigning empress of the Byzantine Empire.
- October 24 – Ralph the Timid is defeated by the Welsh.
- Beginning of the campaign of Ferdinand I of Castile against al-Andalus. The king conquers Seia from the Christian allies of the Muslim taifas.
- Construction on the Liaodi Pagoda in Hebei is complete. It is the tallest pagoda in Chinese history standing at a height of 84 m (275 ft) tall.
- April 13 – Pope Victor II succeeds Pope Leo IX as the 153rd pope.
- An abbey was set up at Tihany, Hungary by András (Andrew) I. The written agreement is the earliest record in the Hungarian language.
1055 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.