1058 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1020s 1030s 1040s – 1050s – 1060s 1070s 1080s|
|Years:||1055 1056 1057 – 1058 – 1059 1060 1061|
- March 17 – King Lulach of Scotland is killed in battle against his cousin and rival Máel Coluim mac Donnchada, who later becomes King as Máel Coluim III.
- September 20 – Agnes de Poitou and Andrew I of Hungary met to talk about the border-zone in present-day Burgenland.
- Antipope Benedict X is crowned pope, but is later removed.
- Pope Nicholas II is elected pope in December and started working in the position the following year.
- Boleslaus II takes office as duke of Poland.
- Construction begins on the Cathedral of Parma, Italy.
- Aldred becomes the first English bishop to make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
- The Almoravids take over the Berghouata.
- Al-Ghazali, Muslim theologian, jurist and mystic.
- probable year of birth of Godefroy de Bouillon, the main leader of the First Crusade
1058 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.