1353 facts for kids
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1320s 1330s 1340s – 1350s – 1360s 1370s 1380s|
|Years:||1350 1351 1352 – 1353 – 1354 1355 1356|
- The Decameron was finished by Giovanni Boccaccio.
- March 3 – Bern signs an alliance with the Swiss Confederation.
- July 15 – Vladimir the Bold, Russian prince (d. 1410)
- Thomas Arundel, Archbishop of Canterbury (died 1413)
- Margaret I of Denmark, queen of Haakon VI of Norway (died 1412)
- John Purvey, English scholar and Bible translator (died 1428)
- March 11 – Theognostus, metropolitan of Kiev and Moscow
- Roger Grey, 1st Baron Grey de Ruthyn
- Simeon of Russia, Grand Prince of Moscow and Vladimir
- Matilda, daughter of King Robert the Bruce of Scotland
- Togha Temür, claimant to the throne of the Mongol Il-Khanate in Persia (assassinated)
- Sir Ulick Burke, Irish nobleman
1353 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.