1356 facts for kids
Kids Encyclopedia Facts - Homework Help
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1320s 1330s 1340s – 1350s – 1360s 1370s 1380s|
|Years:||1353 1354 1355 – 1356 – 1357 1358 1359|
- January 20 – Edward Balliol quits job as King of Scotland and gives job to Edward III of England
- September 19 – Battle of Poitiers The English, led by the Black Prince, beat the French in the Hundred Years' War, taking the King John II of France while winning.
- October 18 – The Basel earthquake breaks the city of Basel in Switzerland.
- December 25 – Emperor Charles IV. announces the Golden Bull, a sort of medieval constitution for the Holy Roman Empire
- The city of Lwów granted Magdeburg rights by Casimir III of Poland
- The majority of the Great Pyramid of Giza's limestone casing stones are removed by Bahri Sultan An-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din al-Hasan to build fortresses and mosques in the nearby city of Cairo, leaving the first of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World in the step-stone condition in which it remains today.
- Burnt Candlemas – Edward III of England burns down every town and village in Lothian, Scotland.
- The official founding of the Hanseatic League, a trading alliance between many cities in northern Europe.
- Ghazan II takes Anusirvan's job as ruler of the Il-Khanate in Persia.
- King Martin I of Aragon (died 1410)
1356 Facts for Kids. Homework Help - Kiddle Encyclopedia.