275 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||4th century BC – 3rd century BC – 2nd century BC|
|Decades:||300s BC 290s BC 280s BC – 270s BC – 260s BC 250s BC 240s BC|
|Years:||278 BC 277 BC 276 BC – 275 BC – 274 BC 273 BC 272 BC|
|275 BC by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||275 BC
|Ab urbe condita||479|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXXIII dynasty, 49|
|- Pharaoh||Ptolemy II Philadelphus, 9|
|Ancient Greek era||126th Olympiad, year 2|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||乙酉年 (Wood Rooster)
2422 or 2362
— to —
丙戌年 (Fire Dog)
2423 or 2363
|Coptic calendar||−558 – −557|
|Ethiopian calendar||−282 – −281|
|- Vikram Samvat||−218 – −217|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||2826–2827|
|Iranian calendar||896 BP – 895 BP|
|Islamic calendar||924 BH – 923 BH|
|Minguo calendar||2186 before ROC
|Seleucid era||37/38 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||268–269|
−148 or −529 or −1301
— to —
−147 or −528 or −1300
Year 275 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar.
- The Museum of Alexandria is founded by the Egyptian King Ptolemy II.
- When Pyrrhus returns from Sicily, he finds himself greatly outnumbered by the Roman army under the command of consul Manius Curius Dentatus. After the Battle of Beneventum, Roman commander and statesman, Gaius Fabricius Luscinus, gets a peace with Pyrrhus. Then Pyrrhus decides to end his battles in Italy and return to Epirus.
- After Pyrrhus leaves Sicily, the Syracusan army and the city's citizens make Hiero II as the commander of their troops.
- Antiochus's alliance with Antigonus II is made stronger by Antigonus' marriage to Phila, Antiochus' half sister.
- Quintus Fabius Maximus Verrucosus, Roman dictator, politician and soldier (approximate date) (d. 203 BC)
275 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.