FAMAS facts for kids
FAMAS or sometime FA-MAS (French: Fusil d'Assaut de la Manufacture d'Armes de Saint-Étienne or "Assault rifle of the Saint-Étienne weapon factory") is a bullpup-styled assault rifle designed and manufactured in France. It's the main assault rifle of the French Army, French Air Force, and French Navy since 1980. It was also sold for export.
- FAMAS F1, built between 1979 and 1992 for French militaries.
- FAMAS Commando, variant of F1 specially designed for special forces, shorter than original.
- FAMAS Export, variant of F1 specially designed for foreign customers.
- FAMAS G1, alternatively transition built in 1995 to prepare for the arrival of French troops in the G2.
- FAMAS G2, new generation more light, and using special weapons.
Militaries and polices of that countries uses FAMAS.
Images for kids
FAMAS Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.