Microsoft PowerPoint facts for kids
Microsoft Office PowerPoint is a presentation program developed for the Microsoft Windows and Mac OS computer operating systems. Businesspeople, educators, and trainers use it often. It is a component of the Microsoft Office system.
In PowerPoint, as in most other presentation software, text, graphics, movies, and other objects are positioned on individual pages or "slides". The "slide" analogy is a reference to the slide projector. Slides can be printed, or (more often) displayed on-screen and navigated through at the command of the presenter. Slides can also form the basis of webcasts.
Versions for Microsoft Windows include:
- 1993 PowerPoint 4.0 (Office 4.x)
- 1995 PowerPoint 7 for Windows 95 (Office '95)
- 1997 PowerPoint 97 (Office '97)
- 1999 PowerPoint 2000 (Office 2000)
- 2001 PowerPoint 2002 (Office XP)
- 2003 PowerPoint 2003 (Office 2003)
- 2006-2007 PowerPoint 2007 (Office 2007)
- 2010 PowerPoint 2010 (Office 2010)
- 2016 PowerPoint 2016 (Office 2016)
Note: There is no PowerPoint 5.0 or 6.0, because the Windows 95 version was launched with Word 7. All of the Office 95 products have OLE 2 - moving data between many programs - and PowerPoint 7 shows that it was as new as Word 7.
Images for kids
Microsoft PowerPoint Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.