Rusty Rivets facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsRusty Rivets
|Developed by||Andy Guerdat|
|Directed by||Brad Ferguson|
|Theme music composer||Peter Zizzo|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||78 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||November 8, 2016– present|
Rusty Rivets is a Canadian 3D CGI animated television series produced by Arc Productions and Spin Master Entertainment for Treehouse TV and Nickelodeon. Inspired by elements of the maker culture, it follows the adventures of a young inventor named Rusty and his team of customized robots.
The first season was the last animated project of Arc Productions before it was absorbed into Jam Filled Toronto in August 2016.
A young boy named Rusty Rivets uses his knowledge of engineering to repurpose machine parts and create gadgets. He lives in the city of Sparkton Hills along with his friend Ruby Ramirez, a robotic tyrannosaurid named Botasaur, and a group of smaller robots known as the Bits. The show highlights a variety of concepts related to basic science and technology.
Rusty uses the recurring catch phrase "modify, customize, Rustify" when personalizing inventions. Ruby changes the last word to "Rubify" when she does the alterations (only once), and Liam changes the last word to "Liamify" when he does it (also only once).
List of Rusty Rivets episodes
- Rusty Rivets (voiced by Kyle Harrison Breitkopf in US, and Theo Crabb-LaHei in UK) – An engineer. He has his own mobile laboratory, which is based in a recycling yard. He is the great great grandson of Ruston Rivets IV, which Ruby guesses hearing the number, indicating he is Ruston Rivets VIII, although there are conflicting ideas about the name of Ruston Rivets IV, since in Season 3, Rusty also called him Mortimer Rivets.
- Ruby Ramirez (voiced by Ava Preston in US, and Imogen Addicott in UK) – Rusty's best friend who normally carries a tablet computer that she uses to call the Bits into action. Ruby wears a red sash with white dots around her head, reminiscent of Rosie the Riveter.
- Frankie Fritz (voiced by Jacob Skiba in US, and Fraser Martin in UK) - Frankie is Rusty and Ruby's rival, arch-enemy and neighbor, using every opportunity he can to try and upstage Rusty and be the best engineer in Sparkton Hills, even resorting to cheating to accomplish it.
- Frankford (voiced by Jeff Bergman) – Frankford is Frankie's robotic skunk, best friend and counterpart to Bytes. He helps Frankie in his attempts to put Rusty out of action.
- Bytes (voiced by Robert Tinkler) – Rusty's robotic dog, who communicates by barking. He generally does not take part in missions.
- Kittybot (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) – Ruby's robotic cat, who communicates by meowing. She can sit down.
- Ray (voiced by Robert Tinkler) – A small, red-colored member of the Bits with a single eye that functions as a flashlight.
- Whirly (voiced by Julie Lemieux) – A pink Bit who resembles a hummingbird. She has a pair of wings and a propeller on her head.
- Crush (voiced by Julie Lemieux) – An orange Bit made from a clamp, who can crush and hold small objects.
- Jack (voiced by Ron Pardo) – A blue, cube-shaped Bit who can lift and transport objects using his forklift-like arms.
- Botasaur (voiced by Robert Tinkler) – The tallest member of Rusty's team, modeled after Tyrannosaurus rex. He is Rusty's sidekick.
- Botarilla (voiced by Andrew Jackson) – Rusty's robotic gorilla, who can climb on trees and swing on vines.
- TigerBot (voiced by Nicki Burke) – Rusty's robotic tiger, who can climb with her tiger claws.
- ElephantBot (voiced by Scott Jackson) – Rusty's robotic elephant, who can spray water on his trumpet.
- Liam (voiced by Samuel Faraci and Jonathan Michael Sturgess in US, and Endeavour Clutterbuck in UK and Canada) – A young blonde haired boy who often needs rescuing.
- Emily (voiced by Aaliyah Cinello in US, and Amelie Halls in UK) – A young girl introduced in Season 2, who is a friend of Liam.
- Ranger Anna (voiced by Leslie Mann in US, and Niki Felstead in UK) – A red haired animal enthusiast in charge of the Sparkton Hills Scouts which Rusty and Ruby are part of.
- Chef Betty (in Season 1) and Teacher Betty (in Season 2 and 3) (voiced by Jodi Benson) – A black haired culinary expert (Season 1) and a teacher at the school where Rusty, Ruby, and Frankie go to (Season 2 and 3). Voiced by Novie Edwards.
- Sammy Scoops (voiced by T.J.Miller in US, and Andy Turvey in UK) – An ice cream vendor.
- Samantha (aka Cream Queen and Cone Woman) (voiced by Nicole Sullivan) shares the nickname "Sammy". They go into business together in "Captain Scoops" and are shown playing soccer together in "Rusty's Spaceship".
- Mr. Higgins (voiced by Seth Rogen in US, and Chris Garner in UK) – The first inventor in town who inspired Rusty.
- Officer Carl (voiced by Jeff Bennett in US, and Chris Garner in UK) – The only police officer in Sparkton Hills.
- Mrs. Rivets (voiced by Tara Strong in US, and Niki Felstead in UK) – Rusty's mom.
- Mrs. McCloud (voiced by Ashly Burch) - Liam's mom. (unverified.)
- Orbit (voiced by Sam Lerner) - Rusty's satellite after he crashed into the ground and Rusty launched him back into space.
- Frankasaurus (voiced by Ian Ho) - Frankie's former little robot dinosaur brother.
- Robo-Squirrel (voiced by Jason Sudeikis) – Rusty's robotic squirrel who can destroy things by taking nuts out.
- Jerry (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) - Rusty's pet duck who can swim in the pond. He can walk. (unverified.)
- Chompers (voiced by Andrew Sabiston) – Rusty's pet beaver who can wag with her beaver tail.
Rusty Rivets began development in late 2014. The concept was originally pitched to Guru Studio, which ultimately chose not to develop the show. The first season was produced in accordance with Spin Master's policy to work on 1-2 television programs a year. It is Spin Master's sixth animated television venture. Twenty-six episodes have been confirmed.
Most of the first season's episodes were animated by Arc Productions in Toronto, Ontario. The studio closed on August 2, 2016, but its assets have been sold to the Ottawa-based company Jam Filled Entertainment, and the business reopened on August 22, 2016 as Jam Filled Toronto.
On May 24, 2017, it was renewed for a second season. On May 22, 2018, it was renewed for a third season.
The series was announced at Nickelodeon's upfront presentation in New York City on March 2, 2016. It was originally slated to premiere in the United States on August 22, 2016, but it was pushed back to November 8, 2016. The first season was going to air on Treehouse TV in Canada throughout fall 2016, but it was delayed until January 16, 2017. Spin Master distributes the series and its product line globally. The series premiered on Nick Junior Israel on February 12, 2017.
As of December 2018, new episodes moved to the Nick Jr. channel.
On June 11, 2016, the first episode was released to Amazon Video as a free preview. The same episode was released to Nickelodeon's mobile platforms on June 20, 2016.
Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Entertainment released the DVD of the show on July 31, 2018.
Spin Master has announced that it will distribute a line of toys based on the program. The company released them in fall 2017.
Rusty Rivets Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.