Shimada, Shizuoka facts for kids
Hōrai Bridge in Shimada
Location of Shimada in Shizuoka Prefecture
|• Total||315.70 km2 (121.89 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2016)|
|• Density||309/km2 (800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|• Flowers||Rose, azalea|
|• Bird||Blue-and-white flycatcher|
|Address||1-1 Chūō-chō, Shimada-shi, Shizuoka-ken 427-8501|
Shimada is on the Shida Plain. Several rivers pass through Shimada including the Tochiyama River and the Õi River.
- Himi, Toyama, Japan, from April 15, 1987
- Huzhou, Zhejiang, China, from May 1987
- Brienz, Switzerland, from August 10, 1986
- Richmond, California, USA, from December 1961. Shimada and Richmond have a student exchange program.
People from Shimada
- Yuki Iwata (岩田 ユキ) - movie director
Images for kids
Shimada, Shizuoka Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.