Sturgeon River (Michigan) facts for kids
Sturgeon River may refer to any of the following streams in the U.S. state of Michigan:
- Sturgeon River (Delta County, Michigan) — The Sturgeon River rises as outflow of Sixteenmile Lake in Alger County at and flows primarily southward into the Big Bay de Noc at .
- The West Branch Sturgeon River rises at and flows southeast into the main stream at .
- A post office named Sturgeon River opened near the mouth of the river on July 23, 1891. The name was changed to St. Jacques on June 22, 1904. It closed on November 30, 1913, re-opened April 11, 1919, and was discontinued on July 31, 1955.
- Sturgeon River (Houghton County, Michigan) — The Sturgeon River rises in Baraga County at near Nestoria and empties into Portage Lake in the Keweenaw Waterway at .
- Sturgeon River (Cheboygan County, Michigan) — The Sturgeon River rises in Otsego County near Gaylord and flows into Burt Lake in the community of Indian River. A channel formerly flowed into the Indian River at , though the main course of the river now empties directly into Burt Lake.
- The West Branch Sturgeon River rises in southeast Charlevoix County at and flows into the main stream at in Wolverine.
- The Little Sturgeon River rises in Cheboygan County northeast of Wolverine at and flows north on a course generally parallel to the Sturgeon River. The mouth of the Little Sturgeon River is at on the former channel of the Sturgeon River that into the Indian River.
- Sturgeon River (Dickinson County, Michigan) — The Sturgeon River rises from the confluence of the East and West branches at Menominee River at near Norway.
and empties into the
- The East Branch Sturgeon River rises at in central Dickinson County.
- The West Branch Sturgeon River rises in west central Dickinson County at
- The North Branch Sturgeon River rises at also in west central Dickinson County and flows into the West Branch at .
Sturgeon River (Michigan) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.