1009 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||1006 1007 1008 – 1009 – 1010 1011 1012|
1009 (MIX) was a common year when the Julian calendar was used. It was the ninth year of the 2nd millennium and the 11th century.
- February 14: First known mention of Lithuania, in the annals of the monastery of Quedlinburg.
- October 18: The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is destroyed by Caliph al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah.
- The Ly dynasty, Vietnam's first independent dynasty, is proclaimed.
- Sergius IV succeeds John XVIII as Pope.
- Suleiman II succeeds Mohammed II as Caliph of Cordoba.
- Provinces of Goryeo (modern-day Korea) are redistributed.
Images for kids
Women's History Month on Kiddle
Women Scientists of Antiquity
|Mary the Jewess|
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1009 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.