1144 facts for kids
Kids Encyclopedia Facts - Homework Help
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1110s 1120s 1130s – 1140s – 1150s 1160s 1170s|
|Years:||1141 1142 1143 – 1144 – 1145 1146 1147|
- Louis VII surrenders to Pope Celestine II and so received a blessing from the pope
- March 12 — Pope Lucius II becomes Pope over Pope Celestine II as the 166th pope.
- December 24 — County of Edessa is beaten by Zengi (see Siege of Edessa).
- Montauban, France, is started.
- Normandy comes under Angevin control through Geoffrey of Anjou.
- Giordano Pierleoni starts the revolutionary Commune of Rome.
- Manuel I Comnenus brings Raymond, Prince of Antioch, under Byzantine influence.
- The Priory in Lesmahagow is started by Benedictine monks.
- Bohemund III of Antioch (d. 1201)
1144 Facts for Kids. Homework Help - Kiddle Encyclopedia.