1150s facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1120s 1130s 1140s – 1150s – 1160s 1170s 1180s|
|Years:||1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
- King Sverker I of Sweden is killed and succeeded by Eric IX of Sweden.
- Eric IX of Sweden tries to conquer Finland
- The first fire insurance policy is issued. It is in Iceland.
- Church of Ireland starts obeying the Pope.
- Eleanor of Aquitaine marries Henry II of England and brings the province of Aquitaine to English control.
- Stephen Langton, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Alfonso II of Aragon
1150s Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.