1201 facts for kids
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1170s 1180s 1190s – 1200s – 1210s 1220s 1230s|
|Years:||1198 1199 1200 – 1201 – 1202 1203 1204|
- The town of Riga was chartered as a city.
- Boniface of Montferrat is elected leader of the Fourth Crusade, after the death of Theobald III of Champagne.
- Innocent III supports Otto IV as Holy Roman Emperor, against Philip of Swabia.
- The Fourth Crusade besieges Zara.
- August 9 – Arnold Fitz Thedmar, English chronicler (d. 1274)
- October 9 – Robert de Sorbon, French theologian and founder of the Sorbonne (died 1274)
- Theobald IV of Champagne (died 1252)
- Ladislaus III of Hungary (died 1205)
- Danylo King of Rus (died 1264)
- Alix of Thouars, Duchess of Brittany (died 1221)
- March 21 – Absalon, Danish archbishop
- May 24 – Theobald III of Champagne
- July 29 – Agnes of Merania, queen of Philip II of France
- September 5 – Constance, Duchess of Brittany (born 1161)
- Bohemund III of Antioch (born 1144)
- Joachim of Fiore, founder of monastic order of San Giovanni (born 1135)
Heads of states
1201 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.