1142 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1110s 1120s 1130s – 1140s – 1150s 1160s 1170s|
|Years:||1139 1140 1141 – 1142 – 1143 1144 1145|
- When it was unable to feed its population during a famine, the emir of the great commercial center of Mahdia has to recognize the de facto protectorate of Roger II of Sicily.
- Failed Norman raid against the city of Tripoli.
- Emperor Konoe succeeds Emperor Sutoku on the throne of Japan.
- Henry the Lion becomes Duke of Saxony.
- The Empress Maud grants Oakley, Buckinghamshire Church, with its chapels of Brill, Boarstall and Addingrove, to the monks of St. Frideswide's Priory, in Oxford.
- Farid od-Din Mohammad ebn Ebrahim 'Attar, Persian mystical poet (d. 1220)
- Hugh III, Duke of Burgundy (d. 1192)
1142 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.