1269 facts for kids
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1230s 1240s 1250s – 1260s – 1270s 1280s 1290s|
|Years:||1266 1267 1268 – 1269 – 1270 1271 1272|
- June 19 – King Louis IX of France orders all Jews found in public without an identifying yellow badge to be fined ten livres of silver.
- Pélerin de Maricourt first describes magnetic poles and remarks on the nonexistence of isolated magnetic poles.
- King Otakar II of Bohemia inherits Carinthia and part of Carniola, making him the most powerful prince within the Holy Roman Empire; the empire lacking an emperor during the ongoing great interregnum, Otakar II was one of the most powerful men in Europe.
- The construction of Blair Castle in Scotland is begun by John Comyn.
- The Almohad dynasty of caliphs (not universally accepted) that once ruled most of North Africa and Al-Andalus (Moorish Spain) is extinguished when Idris II is murdered in the dynasty's last remaining possession, Marrakesh.
- The Berber Marinid completes the conquest of Morocco, replacing the Almohad dynasty which it defeated in Marrakesh.
- The Eastern Orthodox Patriarchy of Antioch returns to Antioch after a 171-year exile, during which it had been replaced by the Latin Patriarch of Antioch.
- Philip of Artois
- Huang Gongwang, Chinese painter (died 1354)
- Vedantadesika, Hindu poet and philosopher
1269 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.