1510 facts for kids
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1480s 1490s 1500s – 1510s – 1520s 1530s 1540s|
|Years:||1507 1508 1509 – 1510 – 1511 1512 1513|
- January 23 – Henry VIII of England, then 18 years-old, appears incognito in the lists at Richmond, and is applauded for his jousting before he reveals himself.
- Conquest of Pskov by Grand Prince Vasili III of Muscovy.
- Formation of the Holy League to defend the Italian States.
- Peter Henlein builds the first pocketwatch.
- End of the War of the League of Cambrai (started 1508)
- Start of the War of the Holy League (ended 1513)
- March 30 – Antonio de Cabezón, Spanish composer and organist (died 1566)
- April 2 – Ashikaga Yoshiharu, Japanese shogun (died 1550)
- July 22 – Alessandro de' Medici, Duke of Florence (died 1537)
- October 6 – Rowland Taylor, English pastor (executed 1555)
- November 6 – John Caius, English physician (d. 1573)
- Mikael Agricola, Finnish scholar (died 1557)
- Francis Borgia, General of the Jesuits (died 1572)
- Jörg Breu the Younger, German painter (died 1547)
- Ferenc Dávid, Hungarian religious reformer (died 1579)
- Andrea Gabrieli, Italian composer and organist (died 1586)
- Claude Goudimel, French composer and music theorist (died 1572)
- Matsunaga Hisahide, Japanese warlord (died 1577)
- Aloysius Lilius, Italian inventor of the Gregorian calendar (died 1576)
- Solomon Luria, Polish-born Kabbalist (died 1574)
- Luis de Morales, Spanish religious painter (died 1586)
- Oda Nobuhide, Japanese warlord (died 1551)
- Bernard de Palissy, French potter and writer
- Ambroise Paré, French surgeon (died 1590)
- Guillaume Postel, linguist (died 1581)
- Renee of France, daughter of Louis XII of France and Anne of Brittany (died 1575)
- Lope de Rueda, Spanish dramatist and writer
- Lawrence Sheriff, Elizabethan gentleman and grocer (died 1567)
- Francisco Vasquez de Coronado, Spanish explorer (died 1554)
- Claudio Veggio, Italian composer
- Nicolas Durand de Villegaignon, French naval officer (died 1571)
- February 28 – Juan de la Cosa, Spanish mapmaker and explorer (born c. 1460)
- March 1 – Francisco de Almeida, Portuguese soldier and explorer (born c. 1450)
- March 10 – Johann Geiler von Kaisersberg, German preacher (born 1445)
- May 17 – Sandro Botticelli, Italian painter (born 1445)
- August 17 – Edmund Dudley, English statesman
- December 14 – Friedrich of Saxony (b. 1473)
- December 31 – Bianca Maria Sforza, daughter of Duke Galeazzo Maria Sforza of Milan and wife of Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (born 1472)
- Agueybana, Taino chief
- Ambrogio Calepino, Italian lexicographer (born 1450)
- Catherine Cornaro, Queen of Cyprus (born 1454)
- Richard Empson, English statesman
- Giorgione, Italian painter (born c. 1477)
- Bohuslav Hasištejnský z Lobkovic, Bohemian writer (born 1461)
- Florian Zamoyski, Polish nobleman
Images for kids
Portuguese Armada retreat after monsoon conditions and a counterattack by the forces of Yusuf Adil Shah.
Sunflowers are introduced in Europe.
In Spanish: 1510 para niños
1510 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.