|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1460s 1470s 1480s – 1490s – 1500s 1510s 1520s|
|Years:||1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
- Christopher Columbus finds the American continent while looking for India. This leads to much exploring of the New World.
- Moors driven out of Spain.
- Philipp Melanchthon, German humanist and reformer
- King Ferdinand II of Aragon (1479–1516)
- Queen Isabella of Castile (1474–1504)
- King Henry VII of England (1485–1509)
- King Charles VIII of France (1483–1498)
- King Louis XII of France (1498–1515)
- Frederick III, Holy Roman Emperor (1440–1493)
- Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (1493–1519)
- King James IV of Scotland (1488–1513)
- Duke Ivan III of Russia
- King John I of Denmark
1490s Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.