1499 facts for kids
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1460s 1470s 1480s – 1490s – 1500s 1510s 1520s|
|Years:||1496 1497 1498 – 1499 – 1500 1501 1502|
Year 1499 (MCDXCIX) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- January 8 – Louis XII of France marries Anne of Brittany
- August 24 – Lake Maracaibo is explored by Alonso de Ojeda and Amerigo Vespucci.
- September 18 – Vasco da Gama arrives at Lisbon, returning from India
- Montenegro is added to the Ottoman Empire
- for more information, see Category:1499 births.
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1499 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.