1732 facts for kids
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1700s 1710s 1720s – 1730s – 1740s 1750s 1760s|
|Years:||1729 1730 1731 – 1732 – 1733 1734 1735|
- February 23 – First performance of Handel's Orlando, in London
- June 9 – James Oglethorpe is granted a royal charter for the colony of Georgia.
- December 7 – The original Covent Garden Theatre Royal (now the Royal Opera House) is opened
- Genoa regains Corsica
- 139 members of the Paris Parlement are exiled by order of the King, but are eventually triumphant over the Crown, and secure their recall in December
- Cobalt discovered
- February 22 - George Washington, first President of the United States
- April 5 - Jean-Honoré Fragonard, French artist
- April 13 - Frederick North, Lord North, Prime Minister of Great Britain from 1770 to 1782
- December 6 - Warren Hastings, first Governor-General of India
- Joseph Haydn, Austrian composer
1732 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.