358 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||5th century BC – 4th century BC – 3rd century BC|
|Decades:||380s BC 370s BC 360s BC – 350s BC – 340s BC 330s BC 320s BC|
|Years:||361 BC 360 BC 359 BC – 358 BC – 357 BC 356 BC 355 BC|
|358 BC by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||358 BC
|Ab urbe condita||396|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXX dynasty, 23|
|- Pharaoh||Nectanebo II, 3|
|Ancient Greek era||105th Olympiad, year 3|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||壬戌年 (Water Dog)
2339 or 2279
— to —
癸亥年 (Water Pig)
2340 or 2280
|Coptic calendar||−641 – −640|
|Ethiopian calendar||−365 – −364|
|- Vikram Samvat||−301 – −300|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||2743–2744|
|Iranian calendar||979 BP – 978 BP|
|Islamic calendar||1009 BH – 1008 BH|
|Minguo calendar||2269 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||185–186|
−231 or −612 or −1384
— to —
−230 or −611 or −1383
Year 358 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar.
- Artaxerxes III succeeds Artaxerxes II as King of Persia. To secure his throne he puts to death most of his relatives.
- Alexander of Pherae, Despot of Pherae in Thessaly, is murdered by his wife's brother. This is by the wife's request.
- Cersobleptes, along with his brothers, Amadocus II and Berisades, gets the land of the Thracian king, Cotys I.
- Philip II of Macedon invades the hill tribes of Paeonia and beats them. His rule goes inland as far as Lake Ohrid.
- The Romans defeat the Volsci. They take most of their land and settle it with Roman colonists.
358 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.