Hanna, Alberta facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
|Town of Hanna|
|Special Area||Special Area No. 2|
|• Village||December 31, 1912|
|• Town||April 14, 1914|
|• Land||8.4 km2 (3.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||785 m (2,575 ft)|
|• Density||285.1/km2 (738/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−6 (MDT)|
|Postal code span||
|Area code||403, 587, 825|
In the 2021 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Hanna recorded a population of2,394 living in 1,100 of its 1,257 total private dwellings, a change of -6.4% from its 2016 population of 2,559. With a land area of 8.4 km2 (3.2 sq mi), it had a population density of 285.0/km2 (738/sq mi) in 2021.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Hanna recorded a population of 2,559 living in 1,149 of its 1,246 total private dwellings, a -4.3% change from its 2011 population of 2,673. With a land area of 8.81 km2 (3.40 sq mi), it had a population density of 290.5/km2 (752/sq mi) in 2016.
The town's main industries are agriculture, oil production, power generation, tourism, and coal mining. It is the centre of a large trading area called Short Grass County and is the home of approximately 200 businesses.
- Chad Kroeger, Mike Kroeger, and Ryan Peake members of the rock band Nickelback
- Shirley McClellan, former provincial politician
- Lanny McDonald, former professional hockey player and member of the NHL Hall of Fame
- Glen Motz, Conservative MP for Medicine Hat—Cardston—Warner
- Blake Nill, former professional football player
- Jim Nill, former professional hockey player
- Milt Pahl, former provincial politician
- Dave Ruhl, former professional wrestler
- Marjorie Willison, author and radio personality
Hanna, Alberta Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.