Ice Age: The Meltdown facts for kids
|Ice Age: The Meltdown|
|Directed by||Carlos Saldanha|
|Produced by||Lori Forte
|Written by||Peter Gaulke
Seann William Scott
|Music by||John Powell|
|Editing by||Harry Hitner|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|Release date(s)||March 31, 2006|
|Running time||91 min.|
Ice Age: The Meltdown (also known as Ice Age 2: The Meltdown or simply as Ice Age 2) is a 2006 animated comedy movie. It was produced by Lori Forte and Chris Wedge. It was directed by Carlos Saldanha.
The movie was released on March 31, 2006. Despite receiving mixed reviews from film critics, the film was positively welcomed from audience who praised its animation, humor, characters, emotional weight, soundtrack, action scenes, character development and the visuals.
This movie is the first sequel to the 2002 movie, Ice Age. The other three are Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009), Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012) and Ice Age: Collision Course (2016). The first sequel to this movie was even more positively welcomed from audience who often calls it the best Ice Age movie, the second one is called good but not like the previous films while the fifth is hated by both film critics and audience.
The characters are all prehistoric animals. The animals can talk to and understand each other.
- Ray Romano as Manny, a woolly mammoth
- Denis Leary as Diego, a Saber-tooth tiger
- John Leguizamo as Sid, a giant ground sloth
- Queen Latifah as Ellie, a woolly mammoth
- Seann William Scott as Crash, an opossum
- Josh Peck as Eddie, an opossum
- Jay Leno as Fast Tony, a giant armadillo
- Tom Fahn as Stu, a armadillo-like animal
- Alan Tudyk as Cholly, a large mammal
- Rodger Bumpass, Paul Eiding, Carole Jeghers, Danny Mann, Phil Proctor, Steve Susskind, Brian Tochi and Jim Ward as Various Mammals
- Jack Angel as Male Ox
- Bob Bergen as Male Start
- Bill Farmer as Male Elk
- Jan Rabson as Male Glyptodon
- Sherry Lynn as Female Diatryma
Ice Age: The Meltdown Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.