Miniature of Guru Nanak from Astronomical treatise.jpg|thumb|200px|Guru Nanak and Bhai Mardana]] Mysticism is the belief that people can directly experience God or true reality, rather than through books, ritual or other people. People who practice this are called mystics.
Some examples of Hindu mystics:
- Sri Ramakrishna
Some examples of Christian mystics:
- St. John the Apostle (? -101)
- St. Augustine of Hippo (354-430)
- St. Gregory I (590-604)
- John of the Cross
- George Fox (1624-1691)
- William Blake (1757-1827)
- Thomas Merton (1915-1968)
Some examples of Jewish mystics:
- Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902-1994)
Some examples of Buddhist mystics:
Mysticism Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.