1214 facts for kids
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1180s 1190s 1200s – 1210s – 1220s 1230s 1240s|
|Years:||1211 1212 1213 – 1214 – 1215 1216 1217|
1214 is a year in the 13th century.
- Simon Apulia becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- June 20 – University of Oxford receives its charter.
- July 27 – Battle of Bouvines: In France, Philip II of France defeats John of England.
- Foundation of the German city of Bielefeld.
- The Emperor of Jin China surrenders to the Mongols under Genghis Khan who have been besieging Beijing for a year. He pays a huge ransom and then abandons Northern China, heading for Kaifeng.
- April 25 – King Louis IX of France (died 1270)
- Isabella of England, daughter of John of England (died 1241)
- September 14 – Albert Avogadro, Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem (born 1149)
- October 5 – King Alfonso VIII of Castile (born 1155)
- October 31 – Leonora of England, queen of Alfonso VIII of Castile (born 1162)
- December 4 – King William I of Scotland
- John de Gray, bishop of Norwich
- Rostislav II of Kiev (born 1173)
- Vsevolod IV of Kiev
- Rurik Rostislavich, Prince of Novgorod
- Steksys, Grand Prince of Lithuania
Images for kids
King Philip II (Augustus) (right) accept the surrender at the Battle of Bouvines
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:1214 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.