380 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||5th century BC – 4th century BC – 3rd century BC|
|Decades:||410s BC 400s BC 390s BC – 380s BC – 370s BC 360s BC 350s BC|
|Years:||383 BC 382 BC 381 BC – 380 BC – 379 BC 378 BC 377 BC|
|380 BC by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||380 BC
|Ab urbe condita||374|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXX dynasty, 1|
|- Pharaoh||Nectanebo I, 1|
|Ancient Greek era||100th Olympiad (victor)¹|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚子年 (Metal Rat)
2317 or 2257
— to —
辛丑年 (Metal Ox)
2318 or 2258
|Coptic calendar||−663 – −662|
|Ethiopian calendar||−387 – −386|
|- Vikram Samvat||−323 – −322|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||2721–2722|
|Iranian calendar||1001 BP – 1000 BP|
|Islamic calendar||1032 BH – 1031 BH|
|Minguo calendar||2291 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||163–164|
−253 or −634 or −1406
— to —
−252 or −633 or −1405
Year 380 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar.
- Persia makes the Athenians remove their general Chabrias from Egypt. Chabrias has been helping the Egyptian Pharaohs keep their independence from the Persian Empire.
- The Egyptian Pharaoh Hakor dies. He is succeeded by his son Nepherites II, but he is overthrown by Nectanebo I within the year. This ends the Twenty-ninth dynasty of Egypt. Nectanabo (or more properly Nekhtnebef) becomes the first Pharaoh of the Thirtieth dynasty of Egypt.
- Cleombrotus I succeeds his brother Agesipolis I as king of Sparta.
- What some historians call the Rich style in Greece comes to an end.
- King Darius III of Persia (d. 330 BC) (approximate date)
- Pytheas, Greek explorer, who will explore northwestern Europe, including the British Isles (d. c. 310 BC) (approximate date)
380 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.