1329 facts for kids
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1290s 1300s 1310s – 1320s – 1330s 1340s 1350s|
|Years:||1326 1327 1328 – 1329 – 1330 1331 1332|
- February 18 – Amda Seyon I, Emperor of Ethiopia begins his campaigns in the southern Muslim provinces (possibly in 1332).
- Antipope Nicholas V is excommunicated (suspended from the Catholic Church) by Pope John XXII.
- Aimone of Savoy becomes Count of Savoy.
- The cathedral in Frombork, Poland begins construction.
- Amberg, Germany passes to the Wittelsbach family.
- Michael of Cesena is deposed as General of the Franciscans.
- Stefan Dusan defeats the Bosnian ban Stephen II Kotromanić.
- Wiesbaden is granted the right to be depicted on coins by Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor.
- David II becomes King of Scotland.
- April 21 – Frederick IV, Duke of Lorraine (born 1282)
- June 7 – Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland (born 1274)
- Michael I of Imereti
- Qutugtu Khan, ruler of the Mongol Empire (born 1300)
- Oshin of Korikos, Armenian head of state (assassinated)
- Emperor Mingzong of Yuan China, and Grand Khan of the Mongol Empire (born 1320)
- Edward of Savoy
1329 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.