Federico Santa María Technical University facts for kids
Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María
Ex umbra in solem
Motto in English
|From the shadow into the light|
|Rector||José Rodríguez Pérez (2006–2014) (reelected in 2010)|
|Campus||Urban, 92,414 square metres (9.2414 ha) (main campus)|
|Colors||Azure, Gules and Or|
The Federico Santa María Technical University (Spanish: Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María) (UTFSM or also Santa Maria University) is a Chilean university founded on 1926 with a central campus located in Valparaíso. The rest of campuses are located in Viña del Mar, Santiago, Talcahuano and Rancagua, and a international campus in Guayaquil, Ecuador. The institution is the alma mater of some notable Chilean businessmens, engineers and scientists. Actually, campuses are focused on undergraduate, graduate and university academical activities and sedes are mainly dedicated to technical degrees.
- Casa Central, main campus. Inaugurated in 1931 in Valparaíso
- Campus Santiago Vitacura and Campus Santiago San Joaquín, in the capital, Santiago.
- Campus Guayaquil, located in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- Sede José Miguel Carrera, located in Viña del Mar.
- Sede Rey Balduino de Bélgica, in the seaport city of Talcahuano.
Images for kids
Federico Santa María Technical University Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.