Pepper Ann facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsPepper Ann
|Created by||Sue Rose|
|Directed by||Sherie Pollack
|Voices of||Kathleen Wilhoite
|Theme music composer||Brian Woodbury|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||65 (113 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Sue Rose
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Walt Disney Television Animation|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original network||ABC (1997–2000)
|Original release||September 13, 1997– November 18, 2000|
Pepper Ann is an American animated series created by Sue Rose and aired on Disney's One Saturday Morning on ABC. It debuted on September 13, 1997, and ended on November 18, 2000. Pepper Ann was the first Disney animated television series to be created by a woman.
Pepper Ann focuses the trials and tribulations that occur during the titular character's adolescence, and charts her ups and downs at Hazelnut Middle School. It aired as part of the Disney's One Saturday Morning block. The character originated in a comic strip published in YM magazine.
During the first four episodes of season 1, at the end of the opening sequence, Pepper Ann finds "five bucks" underneath her desk. From episode 5 onward, this was changed so that she found a different item every episode, similar to The Simpsons' couch gag.
List of Pepper Ann episodes
- Pepper Ann Pearson (voiced by Kathleen Wilhoite): The titular protagonist of the series. A spirited, quirky, bold, and unpredictable redheaded 12-year-old girl whose emotions come out in dreams.
- Nicky Anais Little (voiced by Clea Lewis): Pepper Ann's best friend. She is soft-spoken and an overachieving violinist. Nicky used to be a bully and skipped kindergarten when she started school. When Pepper Ann moved into town, Nicky finally became a nice person and switched from 1st grade to kindergarten.
- Milo Kamalani (voiced by Danny Cooksey): Other best friend of Pepper Ann, who he calls "P.A." for short. He is a very eccentric and highly dramatic hippie artist.
- Lydia Pearson (voiced by April Winchell): Overprotected lively mother of Pepper Ann and Moose.
- Margaret Rose "Moose" Pearson (voiced by Pamela Adlon): Pepper Ann's tomboyish younger 7-year-old sister with a deep and masculine voice.
- Principal Hickey (voiced by Don Adams): Hazelnut Middle School's tough disciplinarian with zero tolerance for Pepper Ann's shenanigans.
- Janie Lilly Diggety (voiced by Susan Tolsky): Pepper Ann and Moose's aunt and Lydia's sister, who served as a Green Beret.
- Jo Jo Diggety (voiced by Tino Insana): Pepper Ann and Moose's uncle and Janie's husband, who works as a cop.
- Trinket St. Blair (voiced by Jenna von Oÿ): A spoiled rich popular girl.
- Dieter Lederhosen (voiced by Jeff Bennett): The German exchange student.
- Cissy Rooney (voiced by Kath Soucie): An airheaded popular girl who is Trinket's best friend.
- Tessa & Vanessa James (voiced by Cree Summer): The gossipy twin sisters who finish each other's sentences.
- Peter "Pink-Eye Pete" Oglevee (voiced by Jeff Bennett): A nerdy kid who suffers from pink eye
- Craig Bean (voiced by Jeff Bennett): The "cool" 8th grader, and Pepper Ann's love interest.
- Alice Kane (voiced by Lauren Tom): Pepper Ann's nerdy rival.
Pepper Ann and Lydia make a cameo appearance in the first House of Mouse episode, "The Stolen Cartoons." They are the only Walt Disney Television Animation characters ever to appear on House of Mouse, which otherwise only used characters from Disney's features and classic shorts (and sometimes comics). Lydia says "Don't touch the villain, dear," to Pepper Ann after Pete falls out of the sky after being kicked out of the club.
Pepper Ann Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.