1070 facts for kids
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1040s 1050s 1060s – 1070s – 1080s 1090s 1100s|
|Years:||1067 1068 1069 – 1070 – 1071 1072 1073|
- Hereward the Wake begins a Saxon revolt in the Fens of eastern England, which later collapses.
- Lanfranc, an Italian lawyer, becomes William's formidable Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Central Asian poet Yusuf Balasagun completes the Kutadgu Bilig.
- Bergen, Norway is founded by the king Olav Kyrre. This will function as the main city and capital of Norway, until it is replaced by Oslo in 1314.
- Abu Bakr Ibn-Umar founds Marrakesh.
- Chinese Chancellor Wang Anshi starts the Xining Reforms (which last until 1085).
- The Temple of Literature is established in the capital of Vietnam.
- A successful Byzantine counter-attack drives the Seljuk Turks across the Euphrates.
- Song Dynasty Chinese astronomer, engineer, and statesman Su Song completes the compilation of the Ben Cao Tu Jing, a pharmaceutical treatise with related subjects of botany, zoology, mineralogy, and metallurgy.
1070 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.