1116 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1113 1114 1115 – 1116 – 1117 1118 1119|
- Baldwin I of Jerusalem begins an invasion of Egypt.
- The Zirid ruler of Ifriqiya, Ali ibn Yahya, takes over the independent island of Jerba, then acting as an independent piratical republic.
- The Aztecs leave Aztlán, searching for the site of what will eventually become Tenochtitlán (later Mexico City).
- The Portuguese, under the leadership of countess Theresa take two Galician cities, Tui and Ourense. In reply, the sister of Countess Theresa, Queen Urraca of Leon and Castile, attacks Portugal.
- Almoravid troops take over the Balearic islands whose Muslim king had been severely weakened by Pisan and Catalan raiders.
Arts and technology
- The modern book of separate pages stitched together is invented in China.
- Construction starts on the Chennakesava Temple in India.
- Aak music is introduced to the Korean court by Emperor Huizong of the Song Dynasty.
- Roger de Clare, 3rd Earl of Hertford (d. 1173)
1116 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.