1119 facts for kids
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1080s 1090s 1100s – 1110s – 1120s 1130s 1140s|
|Years:||1116 1117 1118 – 1119 – 1120 1121 1122|
- June 28 – Battle of Ager Sanguinis: Ilghazi, the ruler of Aleppo, wipes out a Crusader army from the Principality of Antioch.
- August 14 – Battle of Hab: Baldwin II of Jerusalem's Crusaders defeat Ilghazi's army, saving Antioch.
- August 20 – Battle of Bremule: Henry I of England routs Louis VI.
- September 19 – Severe Earthquake in Gloucestershire & Warwickshire, England.
- Robert Bruce, 1st Lord of Cleveland and Annandale, grants and confirms the church of St. Hilda of Middleburg (Middlesbrough) to Whitby.
- February 2 – Pope Callixtus II succeeds Pope Gelasius II as the 162nd pope.
- Knights Templar Founded by Hugh de Payns.
- Councils of Toulouse and Reims.
- In his Pingzhou Table Talks published in this year, the Song Dynasty Chinese writer Zhu Yu writes of the earliest known use of separate hull compartments in ships.
- Zhu Yu's book is the first to report the use of a magnetic compass for navigation at sea, although the first actual description of the magnetic compass is by another Chinese writer Shen Kuo in his Dream Pool Essays published in 1088.
1119 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.