1377 facts for kids
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1340s 1350s 1360s – 1370s – 1380s 1390s 1400s|
|Years:||1374 1375 1376 – 1377 – 1378 1379 1380|
- January 17 – Gregory XI enters Rome.
- January 27 – The Bad Parliament begins sitting.
- February 23 – The Bad Parliament dissolved.
- May – Continuous riots in Rome induce Gregory XI to remove temporarily to Anagui.
- May 22 – Gregory XI issues five Bulls in which the opinions of John Wyclif are condemned.
- June 21 – Edward III dies at age 65.
- July 16 – Coronation of 10-year-old Richard II.
- October 13 – Richard II’s first parliament meets.
- October 18 – Andronicus IV Palaeologus crowned emperor in Constantinople.
- Informed that khan Urus of the White Horde has died, Timur Lenk sends Tokhtamish to take the Horde throne, but the successor of Urus defeats him.
- Mamluk sultan Sha'ban II is succeeded by 'Ali II.
- Muhammad al-Mutawakkil I is briefly deposed this year as Abbasid puppet caliph of the Mamluks, Zakariyya' al-Mu'tasim taking the throne for that period.
- A sermon by a German monk states "the game of cards has come to us this year" and prohibitions against cards are issued by John of Castile and the cities of Florence and Basel.
- Papal legate to northern Italy Robert of Geneva (the future Clement VII) pillages Cesena and 4,000 antipapal rebels are massacred.
1377 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.