1450s facts for kids
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1420s 1430s 1440s – 1450s – 1460s 1470s 1480s|
|Years:||1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
- The Age of Discovery begins.
- Fall of Constantinople (now called Istanbul).
- France wins the Hundred Years' War against England.
- The first printing press is made in Europe by Johann Gutenberg.
- The Gutenberg Bible is the first book printed with movable type.
- Siege of Belgrade.
- War of the Roses starts.
- Queen Isabella of Castile
- Christopher Columbus, Italian sailor
- Leonardo da Vinci, Italian inventor
- Girolamo Savonarola, Italian religious reformer
- Ferdinand II of Aragon
- Murad II, Ottoman Sultan
- John Kemp, Archbishop of Canterbury
1450s Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.