Batman (TV series) facts for kids
|Created by||Bob Kane and
Bill Finger (characters)
William Dozier (series)
and Yvonne Craig (Season 3), Cesar Romero
|Narrated by||William Dozier|
|Opening theme||Batman Theme by Neal Hefti|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||120 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||William Dozier|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original run||January 12, 1966 – March 14, 1968|
|Related shows||Batman (spin-off)|
Batman is a 1960s American television series, based on the DC comic book character Batman. It aired on the ABC network for two and a half seasons from 1966 to 1968. Even though it was on TV for such a short time, the series had two new episodes each week, giving the show a total of 120 episodes (the equivalent of roughly five regular seasons).
- Adam West - Batman/Bruce Wayne - A caped crusader whose parents were murdered when he was a child.
- Burt Ward - Robin/Dick Grayson - Batman's faithful partner and "boy wonder".
- Alan Napier - Alfred - Batman's loyal butler.
- Neil Hamilton - Commissioner James Worthington Gordon - Gotham City Commissioner of Police.
- Stafford Repp - Chief Miles O'Hara - Gotham City Chief of Police.
- Madge Blake - Aunt Harriet Cooper - Dick Grayson's maternal aunt.
- Yvonne Craig - Batgirl/Barbara Gordon - Commissioner Gordon's daughter and Batman's partner (Season 3).
- Byron Keith - Mayor John Linseed - Mayor of Gotham City (recurring).
- William Dozier - "Desmond Doomsday," the Narrator
Images for kids
Yvonne Craig was added to the cast for season three in 1967, portraying Barbara Gordon/Batgirl.
Batman (TV series) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.