Jason Bonham facts for kids
Jason Bonham performing at The Roxy, West Hollywood, California on 11 October 2009
|Born||15 July 1966
Dudley, West Midlands, England
Jason John Bonham (born 15 July 1966) is an English drummer. Bonham is perhaps best known for being the son of the late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham and Patricia "Pat" Bonham (born Phillips). After his father's death in September 1980, he played with Led Zeppelin on different occasions, including the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert at The O2 Arena in London in 2007.
On 28 April 1990, Bonham married Jan Charteris, in Stone, Kidderminster. His wedding reception included a jam with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones. The Bonhams have two children: a son named Jager and a daughter, Jaz (born 1993).
Bonham first began playing drums at the age of four, and appeared with his father in the film The Song Remains the Same, drumming on a scaled-down kit. At 17, he joined his first band, Airrace. In 1985, he joined Virginia Wolf, making two albums and touring the US supporting the Firm.
In 1988, Bonham joined former Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page for his Outrider album and tour. In May of the same year, Bonham appeared with the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin for a performance at Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert in New York City.
In 1995, Jason represented his father when Led Zeppelin was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with his sister Zoe by his side. Bonham soon put together another solo project that culminated in In the Name of My Father - The Zepset, which featured the songs of Led Zeppelin. Proceeds from the album went to charity.
Bonham joined the group Black Country Communion late in 2009 and stayed with them until they broke up in March 2013. He rejoined the group when they reformed in 2016.
Bonham has produced his own line of signature series drumstick with Pro-Mark. The SD531W is made of American Maple with acorn shaped, wooden tips. The taper is relatively short and the sticks have considerably large dimensions, being 16.75" (42.5 cm) in length and 0.595" (1.5 cm) in diameter. The sticks also feature the symbol used by Bonham's father, John Bonham, of the three interlocking rings – they are printed next to Jason's signature on the side of the stick.
- Shaft of Light by Airrace (1984)
- Virginia Wolf by Virginia Wolf (1986)
- Push by Virginia Wolf (1987)
- Outrider by Jimmy Page (1988)
- The Disregard of Timekeeping by Bonham (1989)
- Mad Hatter by Bonham (1992)
- Muddy Water Blues: A Tribute to Muddy Waters by Paul Rodgers (1993)
- Peace for Me by Motherland (1994)
- In the Name of My Father: The Zepset by Jason Bonham Band (1997)
- When You See the Sun by Jason Bonham Band (1997)
- Born Again Savage by Little Steven (1999)
- Rock Star: Music from the Motion Picture as Steel Dragon (2001)
- Enormosound by Healing Sixes (2002)
- 100% Live by The Quireboys (2002)
- You Are Here by U.F.O. (2004)
- Extended Versions by Foreigner (2005)
- You & Me by Joe Bonamassa (2006)
- No End in Sight: The Very Best of Foreigner by Foreigner (2008) (Tracks 12-15)
- Can't Slow Down by Foreigner (2009) (Track 9)
- Black Country Communion by Black Country Communion (2010)
- Black Country Communion 2 by Black Country Communion (2011)
- Celebration Day by Led Zeppelin (2012)
- Afterglow by Black Country Communion (2012)
- California Breed by California Breed (2014)
- At Your Service. by The Circle (2015)
- BCCIV by Black Country Communion (2017)
Jason Bonham Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.