Romeoville, Illinois facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
|Village of Romeoville|
Where Community Matters!
|Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 412: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|• Total||20.10 sq mi (52.05 km2)|
|• Land||19.07 sq mi (49.38 km2)|
|• Water||1.03 sq mi (2.67 km2)|
|Elevation||630 ft (190 m)|
| • Estimate
|• Density||2,084.54/sq mi (804.85/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||815/779 and 630/331|
|GNIS feature ID||2399114|
Romeoville is a village in Will County, Illinois, United States. The village is located 26 mi (42 km) southwest of Chicago on the Des Plaines River. The population was 39,746 based on US Census Bureau 2019 projections. It is located in the southwest suburban area of Chicago near Interstate 55 and Interstate 355.
Romeoville is located at(41.640480, -88.102907).
According to the 2010 census, Romeoville has a total area of 18.759 square miles (48.59 km2), of which 18.44 square miles (47.76 km2) (or 98.3%) is land and 0.319 square miles (0.83 km2) (or 1.7%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Romeoville is a community of 39,793 people. There are 11,777 households in Romeoville with 8,974 of them being families. The median household income is $71,344.
The population of Romeoville identifies in the following way:
47.4% as White (non-Hispanic or Latino)
32.6% as Hispanic or Latino
11.6% as African American
6.5% as Asian
1.6% as two or more races
0.3% as some other race
The median age of Romeoville is 32.5. Detailed age breakdowns are as follows:
<1-14 = 22.8%
15-24 = 17.7%
25-34 = 13.0%
35-44 = 15.2%
45-54 = 14.9%
55-64 = 7.4%
65+ = 9.0%
- The Santa Fe Railway formerly operated a station at Romeoville Station.
- Lewis University Airport
- Pace bus route 834 serves the village.
Romeoville is home to over 600 businesses. In 2013, the village won a Gold Medal from the International Economic Development Council and Atlas Integrated in the High Performance Economic Development category. They earned the award by creating 1,560 jobs during 2012/2013, which was the most for a town with a population between 25,001 to 100,000.
According to the village website, the top employers in the village are:
|#||Employer||# of Employees|
|2||Valley View School District 365U||1,300|
|4||PDV Midwest Refining CITGO||803|
|9||Magid Glove and Safety||529|
Other major employers include Kehe Foods, FedEx Ground, and the Village of Romeoville.
Romeoville residents attend the following schools:
Valley View School District 365U
- Valley View Early Childhood Center
- Beverly Skoff Elementary School
- Irene King Elementary School
- Kenneth L. Hermansen Elementary School
- Robert C. Hill Elementary School
- A. Vito Martinez Middle School
- John J. Lukancic Middle School
- Romeoville High School
- St. Andrew the Apostle School
Plainfield Community Consolidated School District 202
- Eichelberger Elementary School
- Creekside Elementary School
- Lakewood Falls Elementary School
- John F Kennedy Middle School
- Indian Trails Middle School
- Plainfield East High School
Lockport Township High School District 205
- Lockport Township High School
- Joliet Junior College - Romeoville Campus
- Rasmussen College - Romeoville Campus
- Lewis University - Main Campus
- Metra station on the Heritage Corridor line.
- Lewis University Airport for basic aircraft to Boeing Business class.
- Pace bus route 834.
Major highways in Romeoville include:
- Gerald Coleman, played goalie for the Lake Erie Monsters and Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Oliver Gibson, DT, played with the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Antonio Morrison, LB, played with the Indianapolis Colts and Green Bay Packers.
- Byron Stingily, OT, played with the Tennessee Titans and Pittsburgh Steelers.
Romeoville, Illinois Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.