Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin facts for kids
Quick facts for kids
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
Location of Whitefish Bay in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
|• Total||2.12 sq mi (5.48 km2)|
|• Land||2.12 sq mi (5.48 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Density||7,053/sq mi (2,728/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1576675|
Whitefish Bay is located at United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 2.13 square miles (5.52 km2), all of it land.(43.111711, -87.900762). According to the
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 14,110 people, 5,355 households, and 3,944 families residing in the village. The population density was 6,624.4 inhabitants per square mile (2,557.7/km2). There were 5,553 housing units at an average density of 2,607.0 per square mile (1,006.6/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 91.9% White, 1.9% African American, 0.1% Native American, 3.7% Asian, 0.5% from other races, and 1.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.8% of the population.
There were 5,355 households, of which 40.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.1% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 2.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 26.3% were non-families. 21.8% of all households were made up of individuals, and 8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63 and the average family size was 3.13.
The median age in the village was 39.6 years. 29.6% of residents were under the age of 18; 4.6% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.8% were from 25 to 44; 30.6% were from 45 to 64; and 10.6% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 48.1% male and 51.9% female.
The Whitefish Bay School District maintains four public schools and one recreational facility. These facilities include:
- Whitefish Bay High School – a high school serving children in grades 9-12. Recently ranked #1 High School in the state of Wisconsin by U.S. News Rankings
- Whitefish Bay Middle School – a middle school/junior high school serving children in grades 6-8
- Cumberland Elementary School – an elementary school serving children age-4 kindergarten through grade 5
- Richards Elementary School – an elementary school serving children age-4 kindergarten through grade 5
- Lydell School – a community recreation facility
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee maintains two Catholic schools in Whitefish Bay: Holy Family School and St. Monica School, each serving kindergarten through grade 8. In addition, the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters administer Dominican High School.
At the north end of the village are two Jewish grade schools: Milwaukee Jewish Day School and Hillel Academy, sharing the Max and Mary Kohl Education building.
- Kostas Antetokounmpo - NBA player
- Nick Bellore - NFL player
- Jeff Bridich - MLB executive
- Art Bues - MLB player
- Craig Counsell - MLB player and manager
- Brad Courtney - chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin
- Rebecca Dallet - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice
- Colleen Dewhurst - actress
- Bernardine Dohrn - former Weather Underground leader & retired law professor
- Jay Guidinger - NBA player
- Julius P. Heil - Governor of Wisconsin
- Ed Hochuli - NFL referee
- Jeffrey Hunter - Hollywood film actor
- Frederick Isenring - Wisconsin State Representative
- Kristen Johnston - actress
- Jack Larscheid - professional football player
- Pat McCurdy - singer/songwriter
- Niels Mueller - director/writer (film)
- Barbara Notestein - Wisconsin State Representative
- Caitlin O'Heaney - actress
- Samuel Page - actor
- Mike Schneck - NFL player
- Donald K. Stitt - chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin
- Diamond Stone - NBA player
- Paul Michael Valley - actor
- Dan Vebber - writer/producer (TV)
- Chip Zien - actor
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.