230 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||4th century BC – 3rd century BC – 2nd century BC|
|Decades:||260s BC 250s BC 240s BC – 230s BC – 220s BC 210s BC 200s BC|
|Years:||233 BC 232 BC 231 BC – 230 BC – 229 BC 228 BC 227 BC|
|230 BC by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||230 BC
|Ab urbe condita||524|
|Ancient Egypt era||XXXIII dynasty, 94|
|- Pharaoh||Ptolemy III Euergetes, 17|
|Ancient Greek era||137th Olympiad, year 3|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚午年 (Metal Horse)
2467 or 2407
— to —
辛未年 (Metal Goat)
2468 or 2408
|Coptic calendar||−513 – −512|
|Ethiopian calendar||−237 – −236|
|- Vikram Samvat||−173 – −172|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||2871–2872|
|Iranian calendar||851 BP – 850 BP|
|Islamic calendar||877 BH – 876 BH|
|Minguo calendar||2141 before ROC
|Seleucid era||82/83 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||313–314|
−103 or −484 or −1256
— to —
−102 or −483 or −1255
Year 230 BC was a year of the pre-Julian Roman calendar.
- The city of Pergamum is attacked by the Galatians (Celts who have settled in central Anatolia) because the leader of Pergamum, Attalus I Soter, has refused to pay them the customary tribute. Attalus defeats his enemy in a battle outside the walls of his city. To mark the success he takes the title of king and the name Soter.
- King Agron of Illyria dies. Pinnes, the son of Agron and Agron's first wife Triteuta, succeeds his father as king. The kingdom is really ruled by Agron's second wife, Queen Teuta (Tefta). She removes the Greeks from the Illyrian coast. She then puts Illyrian pirate ships into the Ionian Sea, against the Roman shipping. She keeps her husband's way of attacking cities on the west coast of Greece.
- With Roman merchants being killed by the Illyrian pirates, ships are sent by Rome to Illyria. The Roman ambassador lucius Coruncanius and the Issaean ambassador Cleemporus are murdered at sea. Then Romans take the island of Corcyra.
- The Temple of Horus is built by King Ptolemy III.
- The state of Han is conquered by the state of Qin.
- King Kubera rules Bhattiprolu in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- Ad Herbal, admiral of the Carthaginian fleet who has battled for domination of the Mediterranean Sea for Carthage in the First Punic War against Rome
- Aristarchus of Samos, Greek astronomer and mathematician (b. c. 310 BC)
In Spanish: 230 a. C. para niños
230 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.