Eastern Canada facts
- Newfoundland and Labrador - St. John's
- Nova Scotia - Halifax
- Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown
- New Brunswick - Fredericton
- Quebec - Quebec City
- Ontario - Toronto
The total population of this region is about 23,082,460, or about 70% of Canada's population. Most of the population resides in Ontario and Quebec. The region contains 3 of Canada's 5 largest metropolitan areas, Toronto being the fourth largest municipality in North America.
- Largest metropolitan areas
- Toronto, Ontario - 6,254,191
- Montreal, Quebec - 3,824,221
- Ottawa-Gatineau, Ontario-Quebec - 1,451,415
- Quebec City, Quebec - 765,706
- Hamilton, Ontario - 721,053
- Kitchener, Ontario - 477,160
- London, Ontario - 474,786
- St. Catharines-Niagara, Ontario - 431,346
- Halifax, Nova Scotia - 404,807
- Windsor, Ontario - 319,246
- St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador - 200,966
The population of each province, from greatest to least is here.
Eastern Canada Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.