Nintendo Direct facts for kids
Quick facts for kidsNintendo Direct
|JP/INT Satoru Iwata
NA Reggie Fils-Aime
EU Satoru Shibata
KOR Hiroyuki Fukuda
|Country of origin
|October 21, 2011 – present
Nintendo Direct is an online presentation produced by Nintendo. It is used to give information about upcoming Nintendo content and products such as video games and consoles. It is hosted by different people depending on the country where it airs. In Japan, it is hosted by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata. In North America, it is hosted by Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. In Europe, it is hosted by Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata. It began in Japan on October 21, 2011. It started to air in other countries later on. There are five different types of Nintendo Direct presentations:
- Nintendo Direct: A 30-50 minute presentation about all different types of Nintendo products. They take place every two months.
- Wii U Direct: A 30-50 minute presentation about the Wii U.
- Nintendo 3DS Direct: A 30-50 minute presentation about the Nintendo 3DS.
- Nintendo Direct Mini: A 5-10 minute presentation about all different types of Nintendo products.
- Special Nintendo Direct editions: A 30-50 minute presentation about a specific Nintendo or third-party (not directly tied to Nintendo) franchise.
In Spanish: Nintendo Direct para niños
Nintendo Direct Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.