Relish facts for kids
Origin and use
Relish originated in India, and has spread worldwide. Although it is used as an ingredient in many different dishes in India, it is mainly used as a condiment in most other countries. This use has made it one of the world's largest selling condiments. It is mainly used on hot dogs and hamburgers.
This is a list of notable relishes.
- Biber salçası
- Branston relish
- Cranberry relish
- Ćwikła – Polish beet relish
- Dill relish
- Gentleman's Relish – was invented in 1828 by John Osborn and contains spiced anchovy. It is traditionally spread sparingly atop unsalted butter on toast.
- India relish
- Kachumbari – common in East Africa
- Kimchi relish – prepared using kimchi as a main ingredient
- Mango pickle
- Mixed pickles
- Mostarda – prepared as a relish, fruit pickle, fruit preserve or chutney
- Pear relish
- Pickled cucumber
Images for kids
Red pepper relish
Relish Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.