Sachin Tendulkar facts for kids
|Tendulkar at an awards event in January 2013|
|Full name||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Born||24 April 1973
Bombay, Maharashtra, India
|Nickname||Tendlya, God of Cricket, Little Master, Master Blaster|
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium, leg break, off break|
|Test debut (cap 187)||15 November 1989 v Pakistan|
|Last Test||14 November 2013 v West Indies|
|ODI debut (cap 74)||18 December 1989 v Pakistan|
|Last ODI||18 March 2012 v Pakistan|
|ODI shirt no.||10|
|Only T20I (cap 11)||1 December 2006 v South Africa|
|Domestic team information|
|1988||Cricket Club of India|
|5 wickets in innings||0||2||0||2|
|10 wickets in match||0||n/a||0||n/a|
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar (born April 24, 1973 in Mumbai) is a former Indian cricketer. He has the highest number of runs in both Test cricket and One Day Internationals. He also has the highest number of centuries in both formats of the game. His last Test match being played against the West Indies.
100th international century
Tendulkar scored his much awaited 100th international hundred on 16 March 2012, at Mirpur against Bangladesh in the Asia Cup. He became the first person in history to achieve this feat. Incidentally, it was Tendulkar's first ODI hundred against Bangladesh. He said "It's been a tough phase for me ... I was not thinking about the milestone, the media started all this, wherever I went, the restaurant, room service, everyone was talking about the 100th hundred. Nobody talked about my 99 hundreds. It became mentally tough for me because nobody talked about my 99 hundreds."
- 1994 - Arjuna Award, by the Government of India in recognition of his outstanding achievement in sports.
- 1997-98 - Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest honour given for achievement in sports.
- 1999 - Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award.
- 2001 - Maharashtra Bhushan Award, Maharashtra State's highest Civilian Award.
- 2008 - Padma Vibhushan, India's second highest civilian award.
- 2014 - Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian award.
Images for kids
Tendulkar's Wax Statue in Madame Tussauds, London
Sachin Tendulkar Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.