William Petty, 2nd Earl of Shelburne facts for kids
The Earl of Shelburne
|Prime Minister of Great Britain|
4 July 1782 – 2 April 1783
|Preceded by||The Marquess of Rockingham|
|Succeeded by||The Duke of Portland|
2 May 1737|
|Died||7 May 1805
Berkeley Square, London
William Petty, 1st Marquess of Lansdowne, KG, PC (2 May 1737–7 May 1805) was a British Whig statesman and Prime Minister of Great Britain. He was born William FitzMaurice in Dublin in Ireland. Petty was known historically as The Earl of Shelburne.
Titles from birth to death
- Mr William FitzMaurice (1737-1751)
- Mr William Petty (1751)
- The Hon William Petty (1751-1753)
- Viscount FitzMaurice (1753-1760)
- Viscount FitzMaurice, MP (1760-1761)
- The Rt Hon The Earl of Shelburne (1761-1763)
- The Rt Hon The Earl of Shelburne, PC (1763-1782)
- The Rt Hon The Earl of Shelburne, KG, PC (1782-1784)
- The Most Hon The Marquess of Lansdowne, KG, PC (1784-1805)
Images for kids
Lord Shelburne by Sir Joshua Reynolds.
William Petty, 2nd Earl of Shelburne Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.