3 facts for kids
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||1 BC 1 AD 2 AD – 3 AD – 4 AD 5 AD 6 AD|
|Ab urbe condita||756|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —癸亥年
|- Vikram Samvat||59–60|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3104–3105|
|Iranian calendar||619 BP – 618 BP|
|Islamic calendar||638 BH – 637 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1909 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||546|
The year 3 (III) was a common year which started on a Monday. according to the Julian calendar. According to the Gregorian calendar, it started on a Wednesday. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Lamia and Servilius. The year is called 3 since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the usual method in Europe for naming years. It was the 3rd year of the 1st century.
- The rule of Augustus is renewed for a ten-year period.
- Augustus adopts his grandson, Gaius Caesar, with the expectation that he will succeed him. Gaius is made proconsul and is sent on a special mission to the East.
- Lucius Aelius Lamia is consul of Rome
- Marcus Valerius Messalla Messallinus is consul of Rome
- Menneas becomes Archon of Athens
- Five German tribes are unified by Marbod, King of the Marcomanni. The unification of the five tribes represents a direct threat to Rome in the area that will become Silesia and Saxony.
- Wang Mang foils a plot by his son,Wang Yu, his brother-in-law, Lu Kuan, and the Wei clan to remove him from the regent's position. Wang Yu and Lu Kuan are killed in the purge that follows.
3 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.