2 facts for kids
This page is about the year 2 AD. For other uses, see 2 (disambiguation).
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||2 BC 1 BC 1 AD – 2 AD – 3 AD 4 AD 5 AD|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 2
|Ab urbe condita||755|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||辛酉年 (Metal Rooster)
2698 or 2638
— to —
壬戌年 (Water Dog)
2699 or 2639
|Coptic calendar||−282 – −281|
|Ethiopian calendar||−6 – −5|
|- Vikram Samvat||58–59|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3102–3103|
|Iranian calendar||620 BP – 619 BP|
|Islamic calendar||639 BH – 638 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 2
|Minguo calendar||1910 before ROC
|Seleucid era||313/314 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||544–545|
128 or −253 or −1025
— to —
129 or −252 or −1024
The year 2 (II) was a common year that started on Sunday, according to the Julian calendar. According to the Gregorian calendar, it started on a Tuesday.
At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Vinicius and Varus. It was the 2nd year of the 1st century.
- Following the death of Lucius Caesar, Livia Drusilla convinced Augustus to allow her son Tiberius back into Rome as a private citizen. This was after six years in enforced retirement on Rhodes.
- Gaius Caesar meets with Phraates V, the king of Parthia on the Euphrates.
- Publius Alfenus Varus and Publius Vinicius become Roman Consuls.
- Cedeides becomes Archon of Athens.
- Using Roman military support, Artavasdes III, son of Ariobarzanes II, king of Media Atropatene, becomes the king of Armenia.
- Juba II of Mauretania joins Gaius Caesar in Armenia as a military advisor.
- The first census is concluded in China. The census has begun the year before. Final numbers show a population of nearly 60 million (59,594,978 people in a bit more than 12 million households). The census is one of the most accurate surveys in Chinese history.
- The Chinese census shows nearly one million people living in Vietnam.
- Apollonius of Tyana (d. 98)
- Deng Yu, Han Dynasty general and statesman (d. 58)
- Lucius Caesar, son of Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa and Julia the Elder. He was also the heir to the throne in Gaul. (b. 17 BC)
Images for kids
Women's History Month on Kiddle
Women Scientists of Antiquity
|Mary the Jewess|
All content from Kiddle encyclopedia articles (including the article images and facts) can be freely used under Attribution-ShareAlike license, unless stated otherwise. Cite this article:2 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.