34 BC facts for kids
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||60s BC 50s BC 40s BC – 30s BC – 20s BC 10s BC 0s BC|
|Years:||37 BC 36 BC 35 BC – 34 BC – 33 BC 32 BC 31 BC|
|Gregorian calendar||34 BC
|Ab urbe condita||730|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —丁酉年
|- Vikram Samvat||33–34|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3078–3079|
|Iranian calendar||645 BP – 644 BP|
|Islamic calendar||665 BH – 664 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1935 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||520|
Year 34 BC was either a common year starting on Friday, Saturday or Sunday or a leap year starting on Friday or Saturday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Antonius and Libo.
- Gaius Julius Caesar Octavian made Dalmatia and Pannonia happy by forming the province of Illyricum.
- Antony regained Armenia from Parthia. Octavian reduces the outposts defending the Liburnian town of Promona. He sets up siege works and forces them to surrender.
- Antony goes into Armenia with an army. He marches to the capital Artaxata. He arrests king Artavasdes II and takes him to Alexandria.
- The Donations of Alexandria: Antony distributes the eastern kingdoms as a gift to the children of Cleopatra VII of Egypt. Antony made Cleopatra a Hellenistic monarch at Alexandria. He gave her the title "Queen of Kings".
- Sallust, historian of the fall of the Roman Republic (b. 86 BC)
34 BC Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.